On Saturday 12th September 2015 – 11am – 4.30pm
at Inverkeithing Civic Centre, Queen Street, KY11 1PA
ART:JAM – Inverkeithing Art Initiative’s 3rd Art & Craft Market
….was held on Saturday 12th September 2015 to celebrate the season of ‘mellow fruitfulness’. With makers from near and far, proudly exhibiting and selling their fabulous Art and Crafts, the market was another chance to showcase the amazing creative talents to be found in South West Fife and beyond.
Artist Listings: Annsdoodles, The Alchemist’s Forge, Tubular, Karen Trotter, Filo di Lana, Seacycle, Earthen Images, Tom Bishop-de-Main, Lainy Allison, Serenity, Tartan Hearts, Yellowboots, Barbary Wood, Boxoftrix, Elaine Bews, Norman Bews, Bigbyrd Designs, Maria Hickman.
- FREE CREATIVE ACTIVITIES FOR CHILDREN, craft activities based on recycling and repurposing materials to make something new, led by volunteer local artists.
- ANN’S DOODLES provided colouring sheets of her beautiful intricate drawings for children to colour.
- GROWN-UPS also tried the wonderfully relaxing activity of colouring in, which is becoming more and more popular with grown-ups too!
- INVERKEITHING FOOD GROUP provided samples of delicious food made from locally sourced ingredients, in Inverkeithing’s gorgeous 14th century Friary, (or to give it its proper name, ‘Hospitium of the Grey Friars’) – on Queen Street, just next to the Civic Centre.
- The MATTY AND VEE VINTAGE CARAVAN PHOTOBOOTH was situated outside, near the Civic Centre, for visitors to pop in, choose an outfit, strike a pose, and a few moments later you have a fun and fabulous photo.. The best photograph of the day won a bottle of fizz! £3.50 per snap.
- Images of the day can be found here..
The Jammy Piece of Art Raffle – Featuring pieces donated by each of our participating artists and crafters. This was a great opportunity to own a unique and original handmade work of art or craft. Winners were thrilled to win these beautiful items.
The aim of the ART:JAM Art & Craft Market on 12th September, and our endeavours in the year to follow, is to facilitate creative activities which support and encourage sustain:ability in these four main ways: